We take care of our people, to offer you the 'best of the best'.
OICS is an employer of choice, enabling us to select the best of the best. We currently employ 200 staff nationally delivering services to all of the major companies in the market.
At the core of our approach to HR is careful recruitment and selection of the very best people.
If you are interested in working with a great team of people and have a desire to exceed client expectations, we would like to hear from you.
We look to employ people with experience in the following roles:
Camp Managers The Camp Manager is the Company’s most senior representative on site.
The Functions of the Camp Manager include:
- Lead the OICS team at site
- Prepare meals and manage the catering at camp
- Oversee catering and cleaning staff
- Provide a safe workplace
- Maintain strong Client Relationship Management
- Ensure Compliance to statutory requirements
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures and Camp Standards
Camp Cooks - The Camp Cook is a key food preparer on site.
The Functions of the Cook include:
- Prepare meals, mid-meals and snacks as required daily
- Ensure food safety process is followed at all times
- To prepare bread and rolls, cakes, desserts, salads and vegetables as required
- Act as the direct liaison with the client in the Camp Managers absence
- To carry out camp attendant duties during the night shift (eg laundry, cleaning of ablutions, sweeping and mopping of floors in kitchen, diner and recreation room and/or as required)
- Ensure ordering is done by liaising with the Camp Manager
- Maintain quality standards
Applicants for Camp Manager or Camp Cooks with Cert III in cookery or equivalent will ensure that your application is well regarded (note that baking qualifications should include cooking experience). Experience in remote locations will also be well regarded.
Camp Attendants The Camp Attendant is the Cleaner/Utility on site.
The Functions of the Camp Attendant include:
- Clean rooms and make beds
- Clean communal areas
- Launder clothing
- General Deliveries
- Wash dishes
- Food preparation and general kitchen duties
- Maintain ablutions/ensuite areas
- Replenish consumables (soap, toilet paper, handtowel etc)
- Liaise with the Camp Manager to undertake other duties
- General hand
Please note that to work with OICS you must have a current valid Australian work visa or be an Australian Resident or Citizen living in Australia.
Applicants will only be considered if they can demonstrate that they hold:
- Current qualifications (trade certificates) for Camp Manager and Cook positions
- Current Police Clearance (within the last 3 months)
- Current and approved 4WD certificate (approved Santos PMASUP236 Operate Vehicles in the Field)
- Current First Aid Certificate including CPR (St John’s Ambulance preferred)
- Current Fire Safety Training Certificate - Confine Small Workplace Emergencies, Accredited PUAWER008B (Fire Extinguisher use)
- Current Drivers Licence
DCGI or ISI training is a requirement for working in QLD but applicants will not be a disadvantaged if they do not hold these:
- SkillPASS Card
- Drilling and Completions General Induction (DCGI) or;
- Industry Safety Induction (ISI) Certificate
All applicants will require a USI Training Number if they do not already possess one.
To apply for a role at OICS or if you are an existing employee who wishes to lodge an application for extra work, please click on the appropriate link below and complete the online form. One of our team members will then get in contact with you.